Head of Research & Development
Qlucore is a leading provider of intuitive bioinformatics software for research and for precision and companion diagnostics. Qlucore’s mission is to make it easier to analyze the huge amounts of complex data that are generated by innovations in the fields of genomics and proteomics. This is done by providing powerful visualization-based bioinformatics data analysis tools for research and precision diagnostics.
The key objectives and responsibilities for the head of R&D is to deliver new product functionality according to market requirements and to lead and motivate the organization to fulfill those tasks. The software platform is, together with the staff, Qlucore’s most valuable asset and there is a strong commitment and focus to improve and develop the company’s core assets.
You will lead the R&D team of 10 people, be a member of the management team and report to the President of Qlucore. You will work in a highly interactive and dynamic environment with world-class software developers, as well as external leading stakeholders in academia, healthcare and the industry.
We are looking for a candidate with long and relevant experience of advanced and high-level software development, preferably in the field of bioinformatics. The ideal candidate has good knowledge of all parts of the software development phase and experience of, or interest in, life science.
Responsible for all R&D activities at Qlucore. This includes people management of all R&D staff. Project management responsibility for all internal projects, including responsibility for R&D and project management parts of externally financed projects, for example EU projects.
Responsible for all aspects of the R&D organization, including support and tools for the company’s IT solutions and the processes that are used to develop and deliver.
Will together with the Head of Quality be the two main drivers of all quality aspects.
Full responsibility for the R&D budget.
Management responsibility for a growing R&D organization.
- Master of Science in Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent education.
- At least 10 years relevant experience of advanced and high-level software development, preferably in the field of bioinformatics.
- Experience of working with CE marked and FDA approved products.
- Experience as line manager for highly qualified staff, excellent leadership skills.
- Experience of project management.
- Experience and knowledge of quality related work tasks.
- Experience of working in the life science industry, alternatively a general interest in this field.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English, written and oral communication.
Welcome to apply via www.haegercarlsson.com
Questions are answered by Håkan Petersson +46 (0)70 – 632 00 43, email@example.com or
Sara Carlsson +46 (0)76 – 311 17 96, firstname.lastname@example.org